HER LOST KINGDOM


We were having the best time of our lives, lost in harmony with the peaceful cold breeze of the night, humming to the sounds of the tree. We stared up at the sky, connected with the beauty of the stars lost in thoughts about our future and having hope that our little romance will last forever. Little did we know all our love will end in tragedy.

All through the night long on my bed, I looked for you but did not find you. Awake, north wind and come south wind. Blow on my garden that its fragrance may spread. Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice of fruits. So he could stay forever. I longed for you day and night, which makes my heart keep beating because you are the reason I am losing my sleep, please come back to your treasure I plead. Didn't know my throne was at stake, ironic how wrong could be so sweet. Despite I knew your love was hard to say and understand. Your guise was not much of a help as it was just a shade that covers the little fragile boy that is scared of the unknown. I made it my responsibility to make you experience love and affection with the aim to bring out the heart of gold you possess and let people see beyond your mask. My duty absorbed my mind as I lost control of my heart and got trapped in a wild harlequin cage of years back. Then, the words and lessons of my forefathers came as a flash "DO NOT AROUSE OR AWAKEN LOVE UNTIL IT IS TIME AND YOU ARE READY (Songs of Solomon 2:7, message version)". At that moment, I knew fate was repeating itself, I decided to quit but time was not favorable as it was late. Now, the fear I ran from, 10 years ago showed its ugly face again, not the fear of love but, the fear of my way of loving. I am a queen, with the heart of a galaxy and the mind of a universe whose heart has different instructions. They are written in my eyes, my smile, my actions, and in my tears, all you had to do was care enough to read them. Instead, you were distracted to look at my direction. But I still loved you. Paroxysm, your name was the words of my lips, your face clouded my thoughts, you were all I could see, hear, feel. My feelings were of different color droplets of a rainbow. If only you communicated your emotions better, if only you let me see your demons I would have been your Deborah. Now, my hands shake because you are the reason my heart bleeds. Your disparage words became traces of scarlet on me leaving your imprint. I became a shadow in a fluorescent room that never got noticed. I told you I loved you, through every blink of my eyes, every bone in me, each wet pillows of mine, every frantic word that protruded from my mouth, through laughter and anger expressed. The strength of my wings intimidated you to trapping me with fake flames of love just to serve your ego. Regardless of knowing I deserved better. You became my dark prince in shining armor that made my anoxic sediments want to increase their redox potential. My heart sank at your departure, I was the only one without the last message from you and now am faint with love for an ill-gotten treasure. How adamantine is a kingdom without its queen?


                                                                THE END

 "The biggest coward is a man that awakens a woman's love with no intention of loving her" - Bob Marley


Photo Credit:- MIDEDA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING!

MY LOVE STORY

APPRECIATE HER!