BEYOND!


           Seems like I have goals,
           plans, visions, ambition, 
           a semblance of my true purpose. 
           Who am I? Who do I want to be? 
           Do I think I want to be who I want to be? 
          Confusion, anger, repentance, frustration, 
          clarity. 
          The cycle continues, over and over again. 
          But alas! I realize, I truly have only one 
          Life to live, a life if broken down into seconds 
          Is not up to the figure of bill gates net worth. 
          So what do I do? I sit up, I observe, 
          challenge, analyze, focus. 
         Dedication roots from aspirations
        And aspiration roots from questions 
       Which when asked, have no finite answer. 
      The truth is, as the Yoruba saying goes
      "Aye o pe Meji" (you only have one life), you truly do not 
      get a second chance, so do what you
      have to do, love what you want to love,
     breath in the good and exhale the 
     bad, and always remember the time once 
    lost will never be gotten back, it is the cruel 
    genuity of life, its worst gift to
    us, yet when we search deep, we 
    see its the most beautiful source of
   inspiration ever, so as the Nike slogan goes................... 

         JUST DO IT!
                                                                     

        THE END

Written by Simi Folorunsho

IG:- @simi_fo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING!

MY LOVE STORY

APPRECIATE HER!