Not your usual Valentine Story - "About a month ago 🎶"


Everything in this world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. – 1 Peter 4:7 ( Message Version)
In this season of love, do something special for someone you may have fallen out with, be it your mum, dad, siblings, friends, someone. It mustn’t be something necessarily big but something of sincerity.
Take your dad for a father & son date, take, your mum for a mother & daughter date, take your siblings for a siblings date and have a good time, communicate beyond the casuals and talk about everything you can literally wrap your head around.
Most of us might say you don’t know our parents, that one can’t work but let me tell us something funny.
Do you know your parents secretly wish they could have a good time bonding with you?? They are aware they are getting old and sooner or later you will be occupied with your own intimate family (that’s if you aren’t presently) you might never have your parents or siblings time again.
I never like saying things without using myself as an example.
You know, sometime in December I came back late from work so tired and I saw my younger sister having a good quiet time with my dad, I silently smiled to myself and closed the door not to disturb their bonding but wished deeply to have been in their circle all wrapped up in my dad’s arms as well. But do you know what shocked me, when they were done with their whole daddy & daughter thingy, my sister came to the living room and was like “oh you are back!” On seeing me. After what felt like almost a whole hour with her dad. I couldn’t help but mischievously roll my eyes like ðŸ™„ no oh aunty I’m still coming.
Okay back to what I was saying, so my sister goes Kosy, you know daddy was saying he wished you both could just sit together and have a good time, chatting about all the nitty-gritty of life.
You know, when I first heard that, I laughed but was confused, because, to me, I am very intentional once it comes to my relationship with people (friends) then how much more my family??
She kept saying things really sensitive and emotional that I would never have guessed my dad was planning, waiting, wishing and hoping to happen.
Then it dawned on me! I had withdrawn, I was too carried away with activities from work, activities of adulthood, activities from personal growth & development, relationship with people, so many things that it never occurred to me I was missing the primary and most essential thing, the gift of family (guardian, mentor, real friends, small circle).
I had gotten so used to waking up in the morning, doing devotion then hit the road that I forgot to even take a moment to ask my parents and siblings how their night was.
Some of us don’t stay with our parents or guardians, I understand that’s no problem but still, take out time even if it’s a day or an hour, do something you have never done for your loved ones before, surprise them, get them a gift, take them to the movies, give them a threat, write them a poem, get them a dress or a suit, give them a massage just do something and watch what happens WITH TIME ðŸ˜Š.
Not your usual Valentine story. Happy Val’s day my people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING!

MY LOVE STORY

APPRECIATE HER!