PERFECTLY MINE!



I remember when we were a lot younger, we didn’t know a lot, but we had dreams.

The most beautiful dreams, I remember a particular time, when we talked about getting married, settling down, getting a house and being the most romantic with ourselves alone in our house.

I remember every time you talked about stroking my hair or kissing me with genuine unfiltered love that I could never find anywhere else; I remember it so well because it was the best of my time and the worst of my time.

It made me want to rush time to where I could finally be with you, I knew I was with you then but the future seemed so much more promising; 

A future where I could have you and hold you forever through every sickness and through health, through being wealthy beyond measure and through barely having enough, through times our children annoyed us and through times we annoyed each other, just knowing that I had you was more than enough for me. 

And every time I would want to rush time because I had created a reality that was far beyond what the future could truly hold

I wonder why in every reality I painted, the perfect things weren’t the things around us, the perfect thing was us for each other and in every reality, we fit together like we were perfectly made for each other, like the rib in your body was placed in mine so that we would fit exactly.

I know I tease, and I play, and I test your patience, but you treat me with loving hand like my personal guardian angel and you hold me like the perfect lover

The way you care for me; you treat me like the only source of water in the midst of the desert. You treat me with so much of what we call love. You remind me that even when I think things are falling apart, that you are here and you are perfectly ready and perfectly mine.

And for that, all I have to say is thank you, even though I let the future guide my present, you wouldn’t abandon me to my crazy.

You stood by my side all through, and for that, I just want to say thank you for being perfectly mine. 

Thank you for not letting my own crazy get in the way

Thank you for loving me perfectly as my own, not someone else’s, or a friend from afar

ALL ME

Written: Tomide Adelugba




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING!

MY LOVE STORY

APPRECIATE HER!